The Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) will be hosting a job fair at the DoubleTree by Hilton Crystal City on Thursday, July 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Come to this one-day event to discuss federal and contract career opportunities at NNSA and its laboratories, sites, and plants, which are managed and operated by contracting partners.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, July 11, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Crystal City
300 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, Virginia 22202
Offices within NNSA
NNSA is run from headquarters buildings spread over three sites: the Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C., home of the Department of Energy; the department's Germantown Building in Germantown, Maryland; and the Albuquerque Complex at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
In addition, NNSA oversees its contractor-operated national laboratories, production plants, and test and experiment facilities through field offices that are mostly co-located with the facilities they supervise. The field offices are responsible for ensuring compliance with federal contracts to manage and operate the national security assets located in California, Idaho, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
- Kansas City National Security Campus, Missouri
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico
- Naval Nuclear Laboratory, Pennsylvania, New York, and Idaho
- Nevada National Security Site, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Pantex Plant, Amarillo, Texas
- Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico and Livermore, California
- Savannah River Site, Aiken, South Carolina
- Y-12 National Security Complex, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
You will need to register again as this is a new job fair.
No, registering for our hiring event means that sign in will be expedited for you on July 11th. You will be able to head to recruiting tables that much faster.
Yes, we are currently looking into other locations for similar job fairs and have already planned multiple “Nuclear Security Enterprise Days” at colleges and universities around the country.
Candidates should bring the following documents to the job fair:
- Multiple paper copies of your resume
- College Transcripts
- Valid Driver’s License, State Identification Card, or U.S. Passport
- DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Member Copy 4) and/or VA Disability Rating Letter
- SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action. Bring your most recent copy reflecting current/highest grade or copy reflecting competitive status – Block 24 (Tenure): Code is either “1”-Permanent, or “2” – Conditional; and Block 34 (Position Occupied): Code is “1” – Competitive Service
- Schedule A documentation (e.g. Letter reflecting intellectual disability, severe physical disability or psychiatric disability from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal agency, state agency, or agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits)
- Security Clearance record (Form 2-61 Adjudication of Investigation Under EO 10450 and/or Certification of Clearance OR Form 11-70 Adjudication of Investigation – Located in your eOPF or military personnel file)
The Nuclear Security Enterprise is made up of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) and its labs and sites.
NNSA is responsible for enhancing national security through the military application of nuclear science. It maintains and enhances the safety, security, and effectiveness of our Nation’s nuclear weapons stockpile; reduces global danger from weapons of mass destruction; provides the U.S. Navy with safe and effective nuclear propulsion; and responds to nuclear and radiological emergencies in the United States and abroad.
Hiring managers will be on-site at the job fair to conduct interviews and extend job offers for positions in the following career fields:
- Contract Specialists
- Nuclear Materials Couriers
- Physical Scientists
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Q clearance as a condition of employment.
Drug testing will be conducted on-site. Passing a drug test is part of obtaining a Q clearance. Regardless of whether drugs like marijuana are legal where an applicant lives, its usage remains illegal under federal law. Learn more about federal law and drug use at this link.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Working at NNSA means a competitive salary under an alternative pay system, rather than the General Schedule. Additionally, NNSA offers Federal benefits to include health insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, paid leave, flexible work schedules, and transportation subsidies.
There is paid parking at the hotel.
The hotel is located 3 blocks from the Pentagon City Metro Station which has the yellow/blue lines going to it. Once outside the Metro entrance go North a half block towards Army Navy Drive and the Pentagon. Make a right on Army Navy Drive and walk two and half blocks crossing S. Fern Street and S. Eads Street. The hotel will be on your right.
From Reagan National Airport
From Ronald Reagan National Airport take Crystal City Exit. Exit Crystal Drive. Take Crystal Drive North approximately one mile. Crystal Drive turns into 12th Street. When you are on 12th Street go under overpass and turn right onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel is on the left.
From Dulles International Airport
Washington Dulles International Airport (35mi/60minutes) From Dulles International Airport take the Dulles Access Road towards the direction of Washington D.C. Take 66 East to 110 South. Stay in Center lane and 110 become Route 1 South. This will take you into Crystal City which is located in Arlington, VA. In Crystal City make a right onto 15th Street. Then make a right onto Eads Street and go three blocks and make a right onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel is @ 300 Army Navy Dr.
From the north
Follow I-95 South to 495 Beltway in the direction of Richmond, VA. I-85 splits at the Capital Beltway; continue to follow signs for I-95 South. Follow I-95 South across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge into Virginia. Take the first exit off the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Alexandria, VA. to Route 1 North. Stay on Route 1 North (which is also called Jefferson Davis Highway) for approximately 6 miles. Stay on Route 1 North until you get to 23rd Street in Crystal City. Make a left onto 23rd street; go one block and make a right onto Eads Street. Take Eads Street to Army Navy Drive (about 10 blocks). Make a right turn onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel is on the right side.
From the south
Take I-95 North to 395 North. From 395 North take the Pentagon City/Crystal City Exit. Then turn left onto Army Navy Drive. The hotel will be on the right hand side 3 blocks down.
From Washington D.C.
From Washington D.C. you need to exit to the 14th street bridge which will take you over the Potomac River from Washington D.C. to Crystal City, VA. On the 14th street Bridge you will need to be in the far left lane (14th street becomes Route 1 South) which will take you into Crystal City, VA. Your first exit once inside Crystal City will be the 15th Street. Take the 15th Street Exit, and go one block and make a right. This will be Eads Street. Make a right onto Eads Street. Go 3 blocks onto Eads Street and this will take you to Army Navy Drive. Make a right onto Army Navy Drive and the hotel is on your right.