You are here
NNSA’s aviation program continues to soar on its award-winning streak.
On Thursday, September 14, the General Services Administration (GSA) presented NNSA’s Nevada Site Office (NSO) with the 2017 Federal Aviation Program – Small Category award. Non-Department of Defense federal aviation programs with less than 20 serviceable aircraft are eligible for this award.
NSO and its contract partner the National Security Technologies LLC, earned the accolade for performance in calendar year 2016. The program provides aerial platforms for radiological sensing, aerial multi-spectral measurement, and other homeland-defense-related activities for NNSA and other federal, state, and city governments.
The award recognizes agencies throughout the federal government, with flight programs that demonstrate outstanding effort in support of their agency’s mission. Winning programs are deemed the safest and most efficient and effective, in all aspects of a flight program – aviation management/administration, operations, maintenance, training, and safety.
Annually, one winner is selected by an independent panel of aviation experts in the following categories:
- Large Aviation Program (21 or more aircraft and Commercial Aviation Services)
- Small Aviation Program (20 or fewer aircraft and Commercial Aviation Services, as applicable)
- Aviation Professional in a Managerial/Official Position
- Aviation Professional in an Operational/Support Position
- Aviation Professional in an Aviation Safety Position