The Office of Economic Impact and Diversity’s (ED) Office of Minority Programs, Minority Educational Institutions Division serves the community of Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs).
MSIs are federally recognized Title IV colleges and universities that enroll high concentrations of minority students. Seven categories of MSI are defined in US law under Title III of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
We foster partnerships and advocate for MSIs to increase the number of students who major in high demand fields such as Science, Technology Engineering, Math (STEM), energy, energy conservation, business, education, health, and the environment. MSIs have the potential and capacity to train and mentor America’s future STEM workforce and increase student experiential learning and career opportunities in the energy sectors to broaden perspectives beyond the classroom environment.
- Community College Certificate Programs in Clean Energy
- DOE Omni Technology Alliance Internship Program
- On-Demand Training
- STEM Rising
- Free STEM Resources for Girls and Women
- Guide for Research Students
- Diversity Toolkit
- Funding & Financing
- Financial Assistance Training
- Students & Recent Graduates
- Technical and Programmatic Opportunities
- National Laboratories
- DOE Science Innovation
- Department of Education News
- Federal Intern Experience Program