The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Indian Energy announced the availability of up to $3 million to initiate the first steps toward developing and sustaining renewable energy and energy efficiency on tribal lands.
Under the funding opportunity announcement (FOA), Indian tribes, including Alaska Native villages, Alaska Native Regional Corporations and Village Corporations, and Tribal Energy Resource Development Organizations, can apply for assistance with the following:
- Conduct energy options analyses
- Establish baseline energy use and efficiency options
- Develop energy organizations
- Conduct climate resiliency planning
- Establish policy, regulations, and codes to reduce energy use or promote energy development
- Obtain skills and training related to energy use and development.
Applications are due Oct. 20, 2016.
The Office of Indian Energy hosted an informational webinar on FOA eligibility, application, and cost-share requirements; the selection process; and more on Sept. 6, 2016. View the slides below.