The Office of Indian Energy, in partnership with Western Area Power Administration, hosted a webinar on how to progress toward established energy goals with a focus on opportunities in tribal housing. Speakers will discuss how to establish departments or groups within the tribe to lead both near- and long-term energy planning priorities; the importance of documentation and knowledge transfer as tribal members and tribal councils change; and, for those further along in the development process, the benefits of developing new tribal energy organizations to support project negotiation strategies, and foster and grow tribal management capabilities.
- Tweedie Doe, Office of Indian Energy
- Sarah Olson, U.S. Housing and Urban Development
- Carrie Nelson, Bonneville Power Administration
- Retha Leno, Akwesasne Housing Authority
- Alexandra Terry, Tohono O'Odham Ki:Ki Association
- Sean Esterly, National Renewable Energy Laboratory.