The employment and benefits forms that you will be asked to complete as part of this orientation program can be numerous. Each, however, serves an important purpose in ensuring proper recording of your employment and benefit elections. This online program is designed to make the task a little easier. Each set of forms that you will work with has been compiled to ensure that you are only completing the essential documentation for your individual employment circumstance. Also, each set begins with an Employee Information Form that, upon completion, will auto-populate applicable data throughout the entire package.
All of the forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and fill-in. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe site to download a free copy.
When you open the form "Packages," it will load in a separate window on your desktop. As you enter data into the forms, keep in mind that it is a good idea to periodically SAVE YOUR WORK. SAVE the PDF file to your hard drive or to a disk by clicking on the DISK ICON in the upper right corner of the window. You may then work offline, at your convenience, to complete the documents and then print them.
Some versions of Acrobat Reader may not allow you to save your work. If this is the case, we recommend that you complete all of the forms and print them before ending your session.
Below are the links to all of the benefit forms. While it is not necessary to complete and submit these forms during NEO, you should bring the forms with you. There will be a benefits presentation during your NEO session. Once you receive the information, you will have the opportunity to submit an election form for benefits you are eligible to receive.
(DO NOT complete if you are transferring from another Federal agency. Your benefits will transfer from your previous agency)
- SF-2809 - Federal Employees Health Benefits Registration Form - Allows an employee to enroll or waive health insurance coverage.
- Acknowledgement of Health Benefits Information - Acknowledges receipt of FEHB election information
- SF-2817 - Life Insurance Election Form (Federal Employee Group Life Insurance) - Allows an employee to elect or waive life insurance coverage.
- SF-2823 - Designation of Beneficiary (Federal Employee Group Life Insurance) - Allows an employee to designate a beneficiary for FEGLI.
- SF-3102 - Designation of Beneficiary (Federal Employee Retirement System) - Allows an employee to designate a beneficiary for FERS.
- SF-1152 - Designation of Beneficiary (Unpaid Compensation of Deceased Civilian Employee) - Allows an employee to designate a beneficiary for unpaid compensation (e.g. salary, annual leave or awards).
- TSP-1 - Thrift Savings Plan Election Form (Thrift Savings Plan) - Enrolls an employee in the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
- TSP-3 - Designation of Beneficiary (Thrift Savings Plan) - Allows an employee to designate a beneficiary for TSP.
- Certification for Foster Children.
- New Employee Orientation
- About the U.S. Department of Energy
- What To Bring On Your First Day
- Employee Forms/Oath of Office
- Substance Abuse Testing Program
- Employee In-Processing Forms
- Benefits Forms and Information
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
- Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- A Family-Friendly Workplace
- Benefit Forms
- Security Forms and Information
- Ethics - Fourteen Principles of Ethical Conduct for Federal Employees
- Ethics - Gifts from Outside Sources
- Ethics - Gifts Between Employees
- Ethics - Conflicting Financial Interests
- Ethics - Impartiality in Performing Official Duties
- Ethics - Seeking Other Employment
- Ethics - Misuse of Position
- Ethics - Outside Activities
- Ethics - Restrictions on Former Employees
- Your Records Management Responsibilities