The Office of Recruitment and Advisory Services (ORAS) is responsible for planning, coordinating, evaluating, and overseeing activities associated with human resources advisory services and corporate recruitment and outreach functions. ORAS ensures that human resources (HR) advisory services and corporate recruitment and outreach programs are constructively integrated within the broad program needs and objectives of management, while assuring that all personnel decisions, operations, and transactions are in full compliance with applicable Federal rules, laws, requirements, regulations and standards conform to sound principles of personnel management and public administration. HR advisory services and outreach efforts occur in an environment of exceptional organizational complexity and instability placing a premium on the need for consistency, creativity and responsive personnel administration. Additionally, the ORAS provides programmatic support in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) to the Department of Energy (DOE) through utilization of special hiring authorities and initiatives (Pathways, Veterans Employment, etc.).
- Plans, coordinates, evaluates, and oversees all HR advisory services and recruitment and outreach efforts for DOE program offices and their Field Offices located throughout the United States.
- Oversees and advises hiring managers in reaching best qualified candidates using highly specialized strategies, methods, and practices specifically tailored towards the organizations' particular needs.
- Encourages the use of structured interviews, implementation of new candidate assessments, and utilization of an applicant portal to attract and evaluate talent and refer candidates more effectively and efficiently.
- Directs the planning, coordination, and execution of DOE-wide job fairs both virtually and in-person and creatively leverages social media platforms to promote job opportunities within the Department.
- Provides oversight and guidance to program and staff offices on strategic workforce planning through the development and management of staffing plans which include short- and long-range recruitment and outreach strategies.
- Designs metrics to measure program effectiveness, analyze trends and gaps in employment practices which will formulate recruitment and outreach strategies to address workforce needs and improve demographics of underrepresented groups.
- Works collaboratively in the establishment of agency policy that supports special hiring programs to include, but not limited to, Military Spouse Employment, Student Volunteer Program, Pathways Programs, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities.
- Manages the Applicant Portal and Lever system providing resume and interview support, system management, and assistance to interviewers, SMEs, and Hiring Managers in navigating the system.