This organization supports the program objectives and missions of all Departmental components by (1) developing Department-level human capital management (HCM) policies and developing technical training on human capital policies; (2) developing HCM legislative proposals; (3) supplying HCM policy advice and guidance within the Department; (4) conducting formal HCM program audits and evaluations to ensure HCM programs and policies meet statutory and regulatory requirements as well as operate effectively and efficiently; and (5) offering innovative business solutions to complex Departmental HCM challenges. Human capital management strategies, policy, programs and plans are developed and assessed for overall effectiveness and compliance with merit system principles, civil service laws and regulations, and Departmental HCM directives. This office is the primary representative body for the Department when coordinating on HCM policy compliance with the Office of Personnel Management, the Office of Management and Budget, the General Accountability Office, and other Federal and non-Federal customers and organizations in connection with Departmental human resources and human capital management areas of responsibility.
- Develop HCM-related policies and strategies for agency-wide implementation and provide advice and guidance across the Department on these policies; seek out, influence and translate legislative and regulatory direction into Departmental strategies, policies, and programs to address DOE human capital needs.
- Conduct human capital accountability audits across DOE to assess HR programs adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
HUMAN CAPITAL POLICY DIVISION
This division serves as the human capital management (HCM) policy arm for the Department. The division supports program objectives and missions of all DOE components by developing HCM policies, strategies, legislative proposals, policy advice/guidance, and innovative business solutions. Areas of functional responsibility include staffing, classification, pay and compensation, workplace flexibilities, employee benefits and retirement, department-wide suitability and drug testing program, and labor and employee relations.
- Provide a full range of staff support to the Chief Human Capital Officer including support required for internal and external responsibilities.
- Participates in the development of the agency's human capital management strategy in support of the overall departmental strategic plan. Seek out, influence and translate legislative and regulatory direction into Departmental strategies, policies and programs to address DOE human capital needs.
- Research and develop Departmental directives and associated issuances addressing all aspects of a comprehensive HCM program.
- Develop, identify, and coordinate policies, standards and guidance that provide the structure for Departmental training and development programs.
- Review and comment on draft testimony for Congressional hearings related to assigned human capital management areas.
HUMAN CAPITAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMPLIANCE DIVISION
This Division serves as the human capital compliance arm for the Department. It is responsible for managing and administering DOE's Human Capital Management Accountability Program (HCMAP). The division provides a system for monitoring and analyzing agency performance on all aspects of human capital management policies, programs, and activities. Ensures that all human capital activities function in support of DOE's mission accomplishment and that those activities and results are effective, efficient, and in compliance with merit system principles and associated human capital laws and regulations.
- Conduct human capital accountability audits of all servicing HR offices across the
- Department to assess levels of effectiveness and efficiency and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative measures to assess HR programs effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to ensure program evaluations are accurate and current.
- Provide comprehensive analysis and metrics to determine overall efficiency and compliance of human capital programs and to identify trends.
- Conduct program management evaluations to provide proactive support to servicing HR offices.
- Develop improvement plans for HR offices that have HR authorities suspended and coordinate with other operational offices to assist in implementation.