Office of Human Capital Assessments and Compliance
This Office serves as the human capital compliance arm for the Department. It is responsible for managing and administering DOE's Human Capital Management Assessment Program (HCMAP). The Office provides a system for monitoring and analyzing agency performance on all aspects of human capital management policies, programs, and activities. Ensures that all human capital activities function in support of DOE's mission accomplishment and that those activities and results are effective, efficient, and in compliance with merit system principles and associated human capital laws and regulations.
- Conduct human capital assessment reviews of all servicing HR offices/Shared Service Centers across the Department to assess levels of effectiveness and efficiency and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative measures to assess HR programs effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Conduct fact-finding inquiries and draft responses to third party offices regarding human capital complaints.
- Provide comprehensive analysis and metrics to determine overall efficiency and effectiveness of human capital programs and to identify trends.
- Conduct human capital program management evaluations to provide proactive support to servicing HR offices or DOE Elements. Develop improvement plans for HR offices that have HR authorities suspended and coordinate with other operational offices to assist in implementation.