Office of Corporate Services
This organization supports the program objectives and missions of all Departmental components by (1) developing Department-level human capital management (HCM) policies and associated technical training, advice and guidance on human capital policies; (2) developing HCM legislative proposals; (3) providing operational support and consultative advice on the acquisition, deployment and maintenance of technology to support the strategic management of human capital in accomplishing Departmental goals and program objectives; (4) supporting implementation of the Department’s human capital initiatives through the integration of human capital strategy and budget across the human resources line of business functions; and (5) offering innovative business solutions to complex Departmental HCM challenges. Human capital management strategies, policy, programs and plans are developed and assessed for overall effectiveness and compliance with merit system principles, civil service laws and regulations, and Departmental HCM directives. This office is the primary representative body for the Department when coordinating on HCM policy compliance with the Office of Personnel Management, the Office of Management and Budget, the General Accountability Office, and other Federal and non-Federal customers and organizations in connection with Departmental human resources and human capital management areas of responsibility.
- Manage the development of HCM-related policies and strategies for agency-wide implementation and provide advice and guidance across the Department on these policies; seek out, influence and translate legislative and regulatory direction into Departmental strategies, policies, and programs to address DOE human capital needs.
- Provide executive oversight of the acquisition, deployment and maintenance of technology to support the strategic management of human capital. Manages HRIT systems and provides technology solutions for the Department’s HR operations.
- Provide oversight and guidance on the integration of human capital strategy and budget to ensure effective and efficient financial management of resources within the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO) and associated HR business lines. Oversee the procurement process for obtaining and implementing contract support within the OCHCO and the HR Shared Service Centers.
- Manage the administrative support functions for the OCHCO to include space, equipment, personnel security, transit subsidy, internal HC policy and front office executive support.not m
- Develop business intelligence, demographic and trends analyses in support of corporate workforce and succession planning and in response to requests from within DOE and from external oversight agencies.
- Develop, analyze and communicate human capital metrics to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of human capital strategies and solutions.
Human Capital Policy Division
This division serves as the human capital management (HCM) policy office for the Department. The division supports program objectives and missions of all DOE components by developing HCM policies, strategies, legislative proposals, policy advice/guidance, and innovative business solutions. Areas of functional responsibility include staffing, classification, pay and compensation, workplace flexibilities, and employee worklife, employee benefits and retirement, performance management, workers compensation for workplace injuries, department-wide suitability and drug testing program, and labor and employee relations.
- Provide a full range of staff support to the Chief Human Capital Officer including support required for internal and external responsibilities.
- Participates in the development of the agency's human capital management strategy in support of the overall departmental strategic plan. Seek out, influence and translate legislative and regulatory direction into Departmental strategies, policies and programs to address DOE human capital needs.
- Research and develop Departmental directives and associated issuances addressing all aspects of a comprehensive HCM program.
- Develop, identify, and coordinate policies, standards and guidance that provide the structure for Departmental training and development programs.
- Review and comment on draft testimony for Congressional hearings related to assigned human capital management areas.
Financial Management Division
This division supports the effective and efficient implementation of the Department of Energy’s human capital initiatives through the integration of human capital strategy and budget for the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO) across the human resources line of business functions.
Financial and resource management functions within the Office of Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO) organization include:
- Directs planning, oversight, integration, and management of OCHCO financial and staff resources to include; budget formulation, integration, and execution; staffing and resource allocation; accounting; and acquisition and contract management.
- Advises and assists on all budgetary/resource policy and program issues impacting OCHCO and its customers.
- Works in conjunction with the Department’s Headquarters Procurement Office, the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and others to facilitate financial and contractual requirements.
- Executes data collection and reporting processes in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance and DOE policy for internal management controls and quality assurance
- Leads OCHCO acquisition/procurement and contract management.
- Oversees OCHCO-related Working Capial Fund business lines.
- Collaborates with the Administrative Management Division to ensure integration of financial and staff resources with administrative and support systems for OCHCO.
- Ensures annual budget submissions to Congress are in alignment with Human Capital Strategic Plan.
- Collaborates with Office of the Chief Financial Officer and oversees financial management controls for Shared Service Centers and Human Resources Advisory Offices annual OCHCO budget formulation and execution of HR-related spend plans
Informations Systems Division
This division provides operational support and consultative advice to the Chief Human Capital Officer and Departmental Senior Management on the acquisition, deployment and maintenance of technology to support the strategic management of human capital in accomplishing Departmental goals and program objectives. This division also implements eGov initiatives and provides assistance and guidance on technology-supported business process reengineering; investment analysis; performance measurement; strategic development and application of information systems.
- Represent the Department to central management agencies [e.g., the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Defense Finance and Accounting System (DFAS)] on human resources information technology (HRIT) related matters.
- Develop and establish Departmental HRIT guidance and advocate methods for analyzing, selecting, developing, operating, and maintaining information systems.
- Manage, operate, maintain and enhance the enterprise human resources information management solutions across the Department.
- Monitor and execute HR policies and procedures, and develop plans and budgets for human resources information systems (HRIS) support services.
- Manage service contracts for HRIT services and OCHCO Working Capital Funded lines of business and OCHCO funding related activities in collaboration with OPM and OCHCO's budget function.
- Responsible for HRIS compliance with and implementation of all applicable Federal laws, DOE regulations regarding IT security.
- Develops and leverages strategies and processes for use of social media in recruitment and related HR functional areas.
Administrative Management Division
This organization is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer. The office provides a variety of services designed to support the senior executive staff and other administrative management activities.
- Directs planning, oversight, integration, and management of administrative and support systems within the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO) organization.
- Manages correspondence processes and functions, including Executive Secretariat, IG, FOIA, and Congressional correspondence.
- Manages front office support functions, including scheduling for senior executives, management of all-hands meetings, and customer service for walk-in and telephone customers.
- Leads space and property management functions for OCHCO to include furniture, equipment, hardware, software, and telecommunications.
- Manages internal personnel administration functions in accordance with Merit System Principles and EEO (such as training requests, IDP tracking, travel requests, personnel actions, performance management, position management, pay administration, employee recognition, and incentives) in collaboration with other OCHCO entities.
- Ensures physical security compliance and continuity of operations preparedness (COOP) for OCHCO.
- Administers, in conjunction with the Office of the Secretary and the Office of Management, the Secretarial Awards Program.
- Advises and assists on all administrative policy and program issues impacting OCHCO and its customers.
- Collaborates with the Financial Management Division to ensure integration of financial and staff resources with administrative and support systems for OCHCO.
- Support the administrative staff across the DOE HR Line of Business (HR LOB) to ensure consistent application of policies and procedures and professional accountability within this administrative management business area.