The Office of Corporate Executive Management manages the human capital programs related to the employment lifecycle for the Department’s Senior Executive Service (SES), Senior Professional (Senior-Level and Scientific and Professional), Excepted Service (EJ, EK, ER, ET and EWQ) and political appointees.
- Develop, formulate and administer policies and strategies for agency-wide implementation and provide advice and guidance across the Department on these policies; seek out, influence and translate legislative and regulatory direction into Departmental strategies, policies, and programs to address DOE human capital needs as it relates to executive resources.
- Continually assess and improve customer service and human capital programs providing innovative and strategic solutions enabling the recruitment, development and retention of a premier executive workforce prepared to lead the Department and ensure America's security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental, and nuclear challenges.
- Provide strategic and operational centralized HR services, including (but not limited to) staffing, recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, position classification and allocation, executive development, talent management and performance management.
- Manage the Department’s allocations and coordinate the biennial allocation process.
- Provide support for Presidential, Non-Career SES and Schedule C appointees.
- Coordinate and manage the Executive Resources Board processes.
EXECUTIVE STAFFING DIVISION
The Executive Staffing Division manages the operational human capital programs related to recruitment, staffing and retirement and benefits services for the Department’s Senior Executive Service (SES), Senior Professional (Senior-Level and Scientific and Professional), Excepted Service (EJ, EK, ER, ET and EWQ) and political appointees.
- Provide strategic and operational recruitment and staffing services ranging from developing and implementing recruitment and hiring strategies to classifying positions, assessing qualifications, facilitating rating and interview panels and making offers of employment.
- Oversee onboarding processes and processing of personnel actions; track and monitor trends; and prepare various staffing reports.
- Provide the full range of advisory services related to classification, recruitment, staffing, and personnel processing to include developing Executive Resources Board documents.
- Evaluate, establish and maintain a position classification program to determine appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title and grade, and bargaining unit determination of positions.
- Provide advisory services on recruitment and placement actions requiring identification and analysis of management staffing problems and development of staffing solutions.
EXECUTIVE PROGRAMS DIVISION
The Executive Programs Division develops and implements human capital policies and manages employee lifecycle programs related to benefits and employee relations; performance management, talent management and executive development for the Department’s Senior Executive Service (SES), Senior Professional (Senior-Level and Scientific and Professional), Excepted Service (EJ, EK, ER, ET and EWQ) and political appointees.
- Convene the Performance Review Board (PRB) annually providing guidance and oversight.
- Manage and coordinate with the Office of Personnel Management for performance management certification.
- Manage and oversee executive compensation and awards programs (e.g., performance awards, Presidential Rank Awards).
- Manage and execute the Executive Essentials Onboarding program
- Research, develop, coordinate Departmental directives, policies, standards and guidance and associated issuances addressing a comprehensive executive resources program.
- Provide the full range of retirement and benefits counselling and advisory services upon entrance on duty, separation, and as needed
- Provide expertise and guidance on complex and sensitive employee relations matters involving disciplinary and adverse actions.
- In collaboration with the Office of Talent Management, develop and implement executive development and talent management strategies, and manage executive development and talent management programs.
- Provide the full range of advisory services related to performance management, employee relations and executive development and talent management strategies.