The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM) is looking for a diverse pool of individuals to review the equity, justice, jobs, and community engagement sections of funding opportunity applications. To apply to review, send your resume to SCI_FECM@NETL.DOE.GOV.
Reviewers should have academic, subject matter, and/or practitioner experience in at least one of following areas:
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA);
- Community and stakeholder engagement;
- Workforce development and quality jobs; and
- Environmental justice.
The benefits of reviewing can include:
- Bringing your professional expertise and lived experience to help inform FECM’s funding decision;
- Gaining practical knowledge of the merit review process for FECM;
- Building your network by meeting new colleagues and potential partners;
- Being compensated for your review; and
- Engaging with FECM staff and contractors through a limited and clear time commitment.
Applying to be a reviewer allows you to be considered within a pool of reviewers for the Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management. Applying does not guarantee selection as a reviewer. In addition, DOE must ensure that selected reviewers do not have conflicts of interest and will discuss this with you prior to initiating a review of applications.