The DOE's Biological Safety Program provides a forum for the exchange of best practices, lessons learned, and guidance in the area of biological safety. This content is supported by the Biosurety Executive Team. The Biosurety Executive Team is a DOE-chartered group. The DOE Office of Worker Safety and Health Policy provides administrative support for this group. The group identifies biological safety-related issues of concern to the DOE and pursues solutions to issues identified.
POLICY AND RULEMAKING
OTHER FEDERAL SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICIES OF INTEREST
IMPLEMENTATION ASSISTANCE AND TOOLS
- CDC Biosafety Resources
- BMBL (Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories) Summary of Changes to the Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories 6th Edition (BMBL-6)
This Summary of Changes was prepared by the ABSA International Technical and Regulatory Review Committee (TRR). May 2021.
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules (NIH Guidelines)
- WHO Guidelines for the Safe Transport of Infectious Substances and Diagnostic Specimens
- NIOSH - Recommendations for the Selection and Use of Respirators and Protective Clothing for Protection Against Biological Agents
- Inspection Report: IG-0492, Inspection of Department of Energy Activities Involving Biological Select Agents
- Inspection Report: IG-0681, Concerns Regarding a Non-Viable (Dead) "Anthrax Sport" Research Project at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Inspection Report: IG-0682, The Department of Energy's Review of Chemical and Biological Export License Applications
- Inspection Report: IG-0695, Coordination of Biological Select Agent Activities at Department of Energy Facilities