Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, Albuquerque, NM
At this annual event, leaders from across the wind industry, the environmental permitting and compliance sector, the science community, and regulatory officials come together to discuss the current state of wind project siting and environmental compliance.
Attendees will have the chance to hear from experts working to understand how wind projects interact with surrounding communities and natural environments.
Featured Panel Presentation: This Is Not Your Grandfather’s Research Program: Let’s Find Solutions!
When: Wednesday, March 27, 2019; 10:15–11:30 a.m.
Jocelyn Brown-Saracino from DOE's Wind Energy Technologies Office will discuss how DOE is continuing its critical work with deterrent technology that could enable a new generation of avoidance and minimization measures for the U.S. wind industry.
Don’t forget to stop by the DOE booth to view exciting demos and learn more about the diverse research being conducted by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, and Sandia National Laboratories in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Energy!
Live demonstrations of tools and resources at DOE booth:
- DOE-Berkeley Lab-USGS U.S. Wind Turbine Database, 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 26
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s (NREL) Technology Development and Innovation (TD&I) project, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
- Tethys online database and Map Viewer of offshore environmental impacts research, 12:45 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
- NREL slideshow of turbine air pressure modeling that suggests pressure changes around turbine blades likely do not pose a large risk to bats, 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory demonstration of ThermalTracker open source software to quantify presence and behavior of animals near offshore wind, 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
- Sandia National Laboratories demonstration of NEXRAD screening tool for wind–radar conflicts, 3 p.m., Wednesday, March 27
- Sandia demonstration of radar mitigation tool validation tests taking place at Travis Air Force Base, and overview of the Wind Turbine Interference Mitigation Working Group, 3:15 p.m., Wednesday, March 27
- DOE WINDExchange website, 10 a.m., Thursday, March 28