Are you interested in working to help build a clean energy future? The U.S. Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) invite you to join an informational webinar featuring national laboratory staff working to advance the marine energy industry.
Staff across various research disciplines will discuss their marine energy careers (past, present, and future) including their background, education, career path, and current projects. In addition, topics including mentorship, networking, and interpersonal communication skills will be addressed to extend advice to students who are preparing to graduate and/or enter into internship experiences or the marine energy workforce.
- Arielle Cardinal (NREL), webinar host, project manager
- Andrea Copping (PNNL), moderator, oceanographer
- Mikaela Freeman (PNNL), marine science and policy analyst
- Ali Freibott (PNNL), science communications specialist
- Lenaïg Hemery (PNNL), marine biologist/benthic ecologist
- Casey Nichols (NREL), mechanical engineer
- Michael Richlen (PNNL), project manager and biologist
- Andrew Simms (NREL), marine energy research technician.
The career panel will start with a brief introduction to NREL and PNNL followed by introductions from each panelist and a moderated Q&A session.