2015 Marine Energy Technology Symposium
You are here
The 3rd Annual Marine Energy Technology Symposium (METS) will be held as part of the inaugural International Marine Energy Conference. This conference takes place April 27-29, 2015, at the Capital Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C., and will be co-located with the National Hydropower Association’s annual conference. This is the only marine energy event that will take place in the US this year with the official support of the Department of Energy.
METS provides a venue where technical experts can publish and present wave and water current energy research that helps accelerate the pace of technology development. Holding METS in conjunction with the International Marine Energy and the NHA conferences will provide researchers with the invaluable opportunity to interact with public and private industry stakeholders.
The METS 2015 proceedings will consist of extended abstract submissions and technical presentations. Speakers include:
- Cristin Dorgelo, Chief of Staff at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- José Zayas, Director of the Wind and Water Power Program, U.S. Department of Energy
- Bob Thresher, Research Fellow, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Stephen Bowler, Marine and Hydrokinetic Team Lead, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Jim Bennett, Chief for the Office of Renewable Energy Programs, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management