Developed by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) through the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), these curricula are designed to be comprehensive yet flexible tools useful to both new and experienced instructors. A new instructor can download the entire module for a comprehensive training session. Experienced trainers may only want to download specific sections to enhance their existing presentations.
Watch the WxTV "Tour of the Standardized Curricula" episode* to learn more.
- Weatherization Installer/Technician Fundamentals 2.0: Aligned with the Job Task Analysis (JTA) for the Installer/Technician national worker certification
- Weatherization Installer/Technician Mobile Homes
- Crew Leader 2.0: Aligned with the JTA for the Crew Leader national worker certification
- Energy Auditor – Single Family 2.0: Aligned with the JTA for the Energy Auditor Single Family national worker certification
- Quality Control Inspector 2.0: Aligned with the JTA for the Quality Control Inspector national worker certification
- Quality Control Inspector 2.0 Addendum: Additional activities and exercises to address the "soft skills" in the JTAs.
- Energy Auditor – Multifamily
- Heating Systems for Energy Auditors/Inspectors
- Mechanical Systems – Multifamily
- Train the Trainer
- Health and Safety Training for Programmatic Staff
- Lead Safe Weatherization (LSW)
- ASHRAE 62.2
Note: The standardized curricula was last updated on the dates listed within the presentation and lesson plan files. Instructors are encouraged to verify any specific action levels and work standards to ensure they meet current standards or are updated accordingly. References and links to the National Weatherization Training Platform (NWTP) and/or the National Training and Education Resource (NTER) are no longer valid, as those resources are no longer maintained.
Suggested Citation for Use of Curricula:
"Weatherization Standardized Curricula: [name of module/section]." U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Weatherization Assistance Program. Accessed [Date]. [Page URL].
Learn more about the WAP Job Task Analyses
If you are applying for training center accreditation, you will need to show that your curricula address all the job tasks defined for the job category. The standardized curricula modules designated as 2.0 have been aligned with the JTAs for the four job categories of Installer/Technician, Crew Leader, Energy Auditor, and Quality Control Inspector. To make integration with your existing materials easier, a master bibliography is included in each of those modules with one tab showing exactly which chapters cover which JTAs.
Review and download the full JTA for any of the job categories.
NOTICE: All materials published here aligned with DOE guidance at the time of writing. However, if new guidance has since been released always refer to the most recent guidance addressing any issue.
*Note: The CD referred to in the WxTV video is no longer available.