The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) supports funding opportunities on photovoltaics, concentrating solar-thermal power, systems integration, technology to market, and soft costs projects. Following an open, competitive solicitation process, these funding opportunities encourage collaborative partnerships among industry, universities, national laboratories, federal, state, and local governments and non-government agencies and advocacy groups. Solicitations may include financial or technical assistance. Learn more about how to apply for a funding opportunity.
To receive notice of new funding opportunities, please subscribe to our email newsletter mailing list.
Open Funding Opportunities
- Advancing U.S. Thin-Film Solar Photovoltaics – Full applications due Dec. 18, 2023 at 5 p.m. ET
- Solar-thermal Fuels and Thermal Energy Storage via Concentrated Solar-thermal Energy – Full applications due Jan. 12, 2024 at 5 p.m. ET
Closed Funding Opportunities – Applications in Review
- Small Innovative Projects in Solar (SIPS): Concentrating Solar-Thermal Power and Photovoltaics
- Operation and Planning Tools for Inverter-Based Resource Management and Availability for Future Power Systems (OPTIMA)
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Silicon Solar Manufacturing and Dual-use Photovoltaics Incubator
- Materials, Operation, and Recycling of Photovoltaics (MORE PV)
- Equitable Solar Communities of Practice
- American-Made Solar Prize Round 7 – Ready! Contest winners announced Dec. 2023
- American-Made Community Power Accelerator Prize - Round 2 – Phase 1 winners announced Jan. 2024
- American-Made Solar Data Bounty Prize – Stage 2 winners announced Jan. 2024
- American-Made Perovskite Startup Prize – Liftoff Contest winners announced Jan. 2024
- Solar District Cup Class of 2024 – Registration closes for one-semester/two-quarter participation Jan. 25, 2024
- American-Made Community Power Accelerator Prize - Round 1 – Phase 2 Winners announced Feb. 2024
- American-Made Heliostat Prize – Finalists announced Apr. 2024
- American-Made Challenges: Solar Desalination Prize Round 2 – Design Contest and Test Contest open through Apr. 2025
- Request for Information: Grid Integration of Solar Energy Systems and Other Inverter-based Resources - responses due Dec. 15, 2023 at 5 p.m. ET
New EERE eXCHANGE Log-In Process: To make the sign-in process more secure, the EERE Funding Opportunity Exchange (eXCHANGE) has been updated to integrate with Login.gov—a secure service used by the public to sign into participating government agencies. All potential applicants and reviewers must have a Login.gov account to apply to open opportunities. Please read the MFA Quick Guide for more information.