On August 17, 2022, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) issued a Request for Information (RFI) that seeks input on the Barriers and Pathways to Integrating Onsite Clean Energy Technologies in the Industrial Sector. These technologies include—but are not limited to—solar photovoltaic, solar thermal, wind power, renewable fuels, geothermal, battery storage, and thermal storage.
In particular, the Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO) would like feedback on:
- The current state of onsite clean energy technology use in the industrial sector
- Opportunities and barriers for onsite clean energy technology deployment
- Existing technical assistance and resources available for onsite clean energy projects
- Pathways to accelerate the adoption of onsite clean energy technologies
- Workforce development opportunities and equity considerations for programmatic planning
Feedback is welcome from end-users of onsite systems for details on the challenges they face, as well as from academia, research laboratories, state and local policymakers, utilities, regulators, government agencies, community-based organizations, and more.
The deadline to submit your response is September 23, 2022.
Responses to this RFI must be submitted electronically to email@example.com no later than 5:00PM ET on September 23, 2022. Responses must be provided as a Microsoft Word (.docx) attachment to the email.
Please identify your answers by responding to a specific question or topic if applicable. Respondents may answer as many or as few questions as they wish.
Respondents are requested to provide the following information at the start of their response to this RFI:
- Company / institution name;
- Company / institution contact;
- Contact's address, phone number, and e-mail address.
View the full RFI in EERE Exchange to learn more.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with RFI-specific questions.