Upcoming Events and Webinars
Feb. 7, 2023, 11 a.m. PT: GridTECH Connect Forum: DER Interconnection Study Bootcamp
- Join the U.S. Department of Energy for this workshop in San Diego, California that will use a set of open-source and commercial software tools to show the value of good data, analysis methods, and automation in the study of distributed energy resource hosting capacity and impacts. Participants must be registered for DISTRIBUTECH International or GridTECH Connect.
Feb. 22, 2023, 4-5 p.m. ET: RE+ Northeast: Innovations in Interconnection: Promoting Multi-Stakeholder NextGen Solutions
- Interconnecting projects to the grid is becoming increasingly challenging, particularly in markets with mature renewables policy frameworks. How can we build bridges with unlikely partners to think creatively about grid modernization and deploy innovative technologies that will connect projects more quickly and cost effectively? This session will explore solutions to the interconnecting challenges in the Northeast. U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office Program Manager Michele Boyd will serve as a panelist.
Feb. 28 - Mar. 1, 2023: EUCI Optimizing the Interconnection Process
- This virtual conference convenes regulators, system operators, utilities and developers to highlight the latest programs and initiatives, provide status updates on new opportunities, and discuss emerging challenges relating to interconnection. U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office Senior Consultant Ammar Qusaibaty will lead the Innovation, Effective Collaboration, and Paradigm Shifts session at 10 a.m. ET on Mar. 1.
Past Events and Webinars
Nov. 9, 2022: i2X Roadmap First Look Webinar
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) held a webinar to share an early draft of the Interconnection Innovation e-Xchange (i2X) 5-Year Strategic Roadmap outline, topics, and scope for feedback and comments. This plan will help to improve interconnection processes, reduce interconnection timelines and costs, and maintain grid reliability to meet local, state, regional, and federal decarbonization goals. Watch a recording of the webinar. During this webinar, the i2X team announced plans to form six topical working groups with subgroups for specialized subjects or issues. Join the working groups and let us know what other subjects you want to bring to the table.
June 7, 2022: i2X Kickoff Webinar
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Solar Energy Technologies Office and Wind Energy Technologies Office held a webinar for the launch of i2X. i2X is focused on developing innovative solutions to enable the faster, simpler, and fairer interconnection of solar energy, wind energy, and energy storage to the electric grid while enhancing the reliability and resiliency of our nation’s distribution and transmission grid networks. Watch a recording of the webinar and download the presentation (PDF).