The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) is developing a comprehensive framework for resilience planning and implementation.
This comprehensive portfolio approach addresses the continuity of key operations focus areas and includes:
- Developing an organization-wide framework validated with pilot sites
- Making a business case to qualitatively and quantitatively prioritize projects
- Documenting verified, affordable, replicable best practices and lessons learned.
Energy managers can use FEMP’s facility optimization and project procurement development tools to support resilient critical missions in federal facilities. Optimized facilities reduce grid load and require less backup power to maintain continuity of operations and full mission priorities.
How FEMP Supports Portfolio Resilience Planning
FEMP supports portfolio resilience planning by:
- Developing tools for prioritized sites
- Documenting lessons learned and best practices to create dynamic options for use across all agencies
- Collaborating with energy service companies and agencies to facilitate the development of site-specific and regional plans that use performance contracting as a critical component
- Sharing replicable, cost-effective, reliable models.