You are here
The White House launched the Capital Solar Challenge (CSC), which directs Federal agencies, military installations, and Federally subsidized complexes to identify opportunities to deploy solar renewable energy at Federal locations across the national capital region. The Energy Department and the General Services Administration (GSA) are charged with assisting agencies in leading the Capital Solar Challenge with the goal of developing solar renewable power on Federal sites. This program will capitalize on aggregated solar purchases and power purchases agreements to help lower their cost of electricity and increase renewable energy consumption percentages.
GSA is planning an event where all interested contractors are encouraged to attend. This Capital Solar Challenge Industry Day help meet the following goals:
- Introduce the industry to the Solar Challenge
- Provide the industry with the key points of the request for proposals to include:
- Approximate project size
- Selection criteria
- Contracting methodology
- Desired outcomes for the government
- Estimated schedule timeline for procurement and construction
- Gain valuable feedback from the Industry regarding the current contracting strategy.
The Capital Solar Challenge Industry Day will be held on November 13, 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at:
1800 F St N.W.