The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Energy Transitions Initiative Partnership Project (ETIPP) works alongside remote, island, and islanded communities seeking to transform their energy systems and shore up their vulnerabilities. This partnership project leverages the experience and expertise of a broad coalition of local stakeholders, federal offices, national laboratories, and community-based organizations.
National lab partners include:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Sandia National Laboratories.
Competitively selected community-based partner organizations include:
- Alaska Center for Energy and Power
- Coastal Studies Institute
- Hawaii Natural Energy Institute
- Island Institute
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project (REAP).