Application deadline: January 30, 2019
Familiarize yourself with the benefits, obligations, eligibility requirements, and evaluation criteria.
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements and obligations to determine whether your education and professional goals are well aligned with the EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards.
- Read the Evaluation Criteria that will be used to evaluate your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient details are provided in your application to address these criteria.
- Review the list of research topics.
- Research Awards will be awarded to applicants interested in pursuing applied research in topics of interest to the EERE Programs sponsoring the Research Awards. Review the topics closely to find topics that best match your research interest.
- Identify research facilities and potential research mentors currently conducting or directing research in an area related to the research topic selected.
- Note that some projects are affiliated with specific research facilities and mentors. In those cases, facility/mentor information is provided with the research topic. Communicate directly with the research mentor before writing a proposal and submitting an application. See Research Mentors for detailed information about the expectations and responsibilities of research mentors.
- Discuss research proposal with selected research mentor and obtain approval from research mentor to submit an application.
- Gather application materials and submit all application components by January 30, 2019, 11:59 pm EDT.
To ensure that your application is submitted correctly and on time, allow sufficient time to gather necessary information and provide your responses. See Application Components for a detailed description of all the documents needed and instructions for the submission of these documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A checklist of the application components will assist you in gathering the information necessary to complete your application.