Exploring Hydroelectricity (9 activities)
You are here
Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Energy Basics, Energy Efficiency and Conservation, Water
Integrated and inquiry-based activities that provide a comprehensive understanding of the scientific, economic, environmental, technological, and societal aspects of hydropower to secondary students:
- The Basics of Energy, Electricity, and Water
- History and Future of Hydropower
- Careers in Hydropower
- Dams and Their Uses
- Turbine Assembly and Explorations
- Advantages and Challenges of Conventional Hydropower
- New Technologies in Ocean Energy
- Careers in the Hydropower Industry
- Hot Topics in Hydropower
Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, Language Arts, Technology
7-14 class periods
Handouts and other materials needed detailed within curriculum guide.
Standards are listed at the beginning of the curriculum guide.