You are here
Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Energy Choices and Society, Geothermal, Solar, Water, Wind Energy
Students will compare and contrast renewable and nonrenewable resources to explore energy options. The following activities will be completed:
- Field Trip to a Local Energy Source (optional)
- Virtual Field Trip to an Energy Source (optional)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Mining Lab
Language Arts, Science, Technology
Handouts and other materials needed detailed within curriculum guide.
Next Generation Science Standards:
- 3-LS4-4: Make a claim about the merit of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and the types of plants and animals that live there may change.
- 4-PS3-2: Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- 4-PS3-4: Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- 4-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
- 5-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect the Earth's resources and environment.
America's Home Energy Education Challenge