You are here
Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Energy Basics, Energy Choices and Society, Energy Efficiency and Conservation
Students will review energy basics and what they have learned in energy conservation efforts to report this improved knowledge to their home and school communities.
Communications, Language Arts, Marketing, Science, Technology
Handouts and other materials needed detailed within curriculum guide.
Next Generation Science Standards:
- 3-LS4-4: Make a claim about the merit of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and the types of plants and animals that live there may change.
- 4-PS3-2: Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- 4-PS3-4: Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- 4-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
- 5-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect the Earth's resources and environment.
America's Home Energy Education Challenge