Energy Detectives (3 Activities)
You are here
Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Students explore the classroom as they look and feel for signs of energy. They record the ways they use energy throughout a typical day in an energy detective journal. There are three activities:
- Where is the energy?
- Exploring the energy around you.
- Energy detective journals.
Science, Visual Arts, Language Arts
30-60 minutes per activity
Tape, scissors, and stapler. CD required for part A.
National Standards: 5-8
- INT-B: 3.b. Energy is transferred in many ways.
- INT-A: 1.e. Think critically and logically to make the relationships between evidence and explanations.
- INT-A: 1.g. Communicate scientific procedures and explanations.