You are here
Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Energy Choices and Society, Energy Efficiency and Conservation
Students will review their own home energy audits to construct a plan to reduce their energy usage.
Language Arts, Mathematics, Economics
Handouts and other materials needed detailed within curriculum guide.
Next Generation Science Standards:
- 3-LS4-4: Make a claim about the merit of a solution to a problem caused when the environment changes and the types of plants and animals that live there may change.
- 4-PS3-2: Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- 4-PS3-4: Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- 4-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
- 5-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect the Earth's resources and environment.