You are here
Below is information about the student activity/lesson plan from your search.
Energy Efficiency and Conservation
Students will learn an easy technique to measure the presence of drafts in their homes and classrooms.
One class period for activity and one class period for follow-up
Handout included; pencil, tape, plastic food wrap
National Standards: Grades K-4
- PRI-A: 1.b. Plan and conduct a simple investigation.
- PRI-A: 1.c. Employ simple equipment and tools to gather data and extend the senses.
- PRI-E: 2.e. Tools help scientists make better observations, measurements, and equipment for investigations. They help scientists see, measure, and do things that they could not otherwise see, measure, and do.
National Standards: Grades 5-8
- INT-A: 1.b. Design and conduct a scientific investigation.
- INT-A: 1.c. Use appropriate tools and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- INT-B: 2.a. The motion of an object can be described by its position, direction of motion, and speed.
- INT-E: 1.d. Evaluate completed technological designs or products.