Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) conference websites should be developed in the Energy.gov template, hosted on one of EERE's approved locations, and use EERE's approved conference site navigation labels.
The following items are required when creating a conference website sponsored by EERE.
Template and Design
All conference sites sponsored by EERE should be in the Energy.gov template and hosted in the Energy.gov Drupal environment. If your site requires a different template, send an explanation to the Web Governance Team. The only exception is the registration page.
You may use external websites to host your registration pages and to collect your registrants' information, as long as they meet EERE's requirements for a secure hosting environment.
Page Content and Approved Navigation Labels
You should use the left navigation labels listed on EERE's list of commonly used and approved navigation. You do not have to use all of these labels. However, if you have content that can fit under one of these labels, you are encouraged to use the approved label.
If you create unique navigation, it must be approved by the EERE Template Coordinator following the normal procedure for navigation approval.
- Registration: For registration information or the conference's registration form.
- Agenda: For the daily schedule and list of events.
- Exhibits: For detailed information about exhibits and exhibitors. Can also include information on how to become an exhibitor.
- Sponsors: For information about the sponsors. Can also include information on how to become a sponsor.
- Hotel & Travel: For information about the hotel(s) and how to get there.
- Proceedings: Used after the conference is over. This section includes material from the event, including content such as presentations, minutes, or other materials.
- Past Conferences / Past Meetings / Past Workshops: For linking to sites from earlier conferences.
- Contact Us: For standard contact information.
When writing content for a conference site, the home page of any conference, workshop, or meeting website should include basic information about the event. Every home page should clearly state:
- The name of the conference
- The date it will be held
- The location of the conference
- A brief description of the event