- Case Studies & Demonstration Cities
- Cities-LEAP Infographics
- Other EERE Resources for City Energy Planning
The Cities Leading through Energy Analysis and Planning (Cities-LEAP) project delivers standardized, localized energy data and analysis that enables cities to lead clean energy innovation and integrate strategic energy analysis into decision making.
Cities-LEAP supports the widespread implementation of city-sponsored data-driven energy policies, programs, and projects that have the potential to drive a sea change in the national energy landscape. Through the Cities-LEAP resources below, cities can
- Set climate or energy goals
- Prioritize and implement energy strategies
- See the impacts of potential climate or energy action plans
- Learn from peers about city energy planning best practices
- Get access to credible data and transparent, usable analytic methodologies
- Make data-driven energy decisions.
Cities-LEAP suggests cities use the following resources as part of their energy planning process:
Cities-LEAP Resources for City Energy Planning
See City Energy Profiles
Get comprehensive energy use and activity information from ten new datasets that can help cities plan and implement clean energy projects.
Map of Local Partners
Cities-LEAP is focused on the following activities:
- Demonstration Cities: Develop and pilot data-driven decision frameworks by local or tribal governments to support their energy and climate goals.
- Actions, Goals, and Metrics Mapping: Improve city energy decision making by mapping specific city energy or climate policies and actions to measurable impacts and results.
- City Energy Profile Tool: Develop data resources that provide comprehensive, standardized, and usable estimates of local energy use for every city in the United States.
- Identify Possible Futures: Outline a vision for what cities could collectively realize by achieving aggressive energy and climate targets.