About the CEMI Southeast Regional Summit
As part of the Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative (CEMI), the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) organizes regional summits around the country to expand its partnerships, share resources and successes, and refine its strategy to boost U.S. competitiveness in clean energy manufacturing. View a DOE video on clean energy manufacturing to learn more about this initiative.
The CEMI Southeast Regional Summit, which will be held on July 9, 2015 at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia, is the third in this series. The summit will convene leaders from industry, academia, and government to:
- Inform CEMI's efforts to strengthen regional and national manufacturing competitiveness;
- Showcase innovations in clean energy technology manufacturing and advanced manufacturing in the region;
- Highlight federal and state resources for manufacturers and innovators to scale innovation to manufacturing; and
- Foster networking between innovators, manufacturers, and federal and regional resources.
CEMI welcomes all private- and public-sector stakeholders interested in identifying opportunities that strengthen regional and national clean energy manufacturing competitiveness to attend the event. The summit is free of charge and open to the public. Register for the CEMI Southeast Regional Summit before registration closes on Thursday, July 2.
- Dr. David Danielson, Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. G.P. "Bud" Peterson, President, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Mr. John "Jay" Rogers, CEO & Co-Founder, Local Motors
Distinguished speakers from industry and the federal government will participate in the following panel discussions:
- Panel Session I: "Sparking U.S. Clean Energy Manufacturing for an Advanced Clean Energy Economy" will provide private sector perspectives on the Southeast's strengths in and priorities for clean energy manufacturing technology innovation.
- Panel Session II: "Enhancing U.S. Competitiveness: Advanced Manufacturing for the 21st Century" will provide private sector perspectives on how companies are leveraging advanced manufacturing to boost their bottom lines and grow the economy.
- Panel Session III: "Grow Your Business: Federal and Local Tools for U.S. Manufacturing Competitiveness" will provide a chance to hear from and interact with representatives from multiple federal agencies that are providing resources for manufacturers in the region.
DOE leaders will host breakout sessions to seek input on manufacturing challenges in the clean energy sector to inform DOE's strategy for clean energy manufacturing:
- Lab 101: Demystifying the National Labs
- Workforce Development: Training for Innovation & Technological Advances in Manufacturing
- Scaling Innovation to Manufacturing: Financial Barriers & Opportunities
- State-Based Approaches in the Southeast: Best-Practices & Available Resources for Clean Energy Manufacturing
View the full list of CEMI Southeast Regional Summit speakers
View the full CEMI Southeast Regional Summit agenda
View details on the CEMI Southeast Regional Summit breakout sessions