What is the purpose of the SWIP Campaign?
The SWIP Campaign aims to accelerate the adoption of modern, high-performance storm windows and insulating panels and other energy efficient window attachments. The campaign provides a platform for technical assistance and access to key resources, such as guidance on implementation, best practices for contractors and installers, independent assessment of available storm window products, utility incentive programs, case studies, and lessons learned.
Who is eligible to join the campaign?
Organizations, including home performance contractors, utilities and energy efficiency organizations, weatherization agencies, manufacturers and others that install or can contribute to advancing the adoption of modern, high-performance storm windows and insulating panels and other efficient window attachments are eligible to join the campaign. Still unsure if your organization is eligible? Contact us.
How do I join the SWIP Campaign?
Is there a cost associated with joining the campaign?
What are the benefits associated with joining the campaign?
Benefits include access to resources, including guidance documents, case studies, utility incentive lists, and educational webinars to help aid the adoption of modern, high-performance storm windows and insulating panels and other efficient window attachments. By joining the campaign, you can also:
- Receive technical assistance.
- Stay informed of the latest news through the campaign newsletter.
- Demonstrate your organization's leadership and help build the body of knowledge.
- Be recognized for your organization's role in advancing the adoption of modern, high-performance storm windows and insulating panels, as applicable.
What is my role if I join as a campaign partner?
Types of campaign partners vary, so it depends.
- Utilities and Energy Efficiency Program Implementers
- Inform the SWIP Campaign of the incentives you provide
- Share best practices for implementing storm window and insulating panel or window attachment programs and any information developed (e.g., reports, white papers, guidance)
- Encourage the use of storm windows and insulating panels and window attachments among your peers
- Weatherization Organizations (including WAP grantees, sub-grantees, and non-federal weatherization organizations)
- Encourage the use of storm windows and insulating panels and other efficient window attachments among your peers
- Include modern, high-performance storm windows and window attachments in energy audits
- Work with the SWIP Campaign team to develop a storm window or window attachment pilot
- Get products rated by the Attachments Energy Rating Council (AERC)
- Get qualifying products certified with ENERGY STAR
- Participate in training events, utility programs, and pilots
If you would like to explore additional ways that your organization could contribute to the SWIP Campaign, please contact us.
How can I request technical assistance?
As a campaign partner, you are eligible to receive technical assistance covering topics that may include: installation best practices, utility program design, weatherization application, and more. The SWIP Campaign team will review your request and provide information that may be useful in storm window and window attachment adoption efforts. Placing a request for technical assistance is simple. To get the process started, access our online 'Contact Us' web form and our team will respond as quickly as possible.