The U.S. Department of Energy issued the Low-Cost Wireless Metering Challenge encouraging manufacturers to produce a cost-effective, accurate, wireless system capable of measuring various electric loads within a building and wirelessly communicating the data. A wireless submeter costing less than $100 and meeting all the specification was recognized by DOE. This submeter can be deployed by building owners and operators to gain greater insight and control over the $120 billion spent annual on electricity in commercial buildings.
Advanced Rooftop Unit Campaign: Replace. Retrofit. Reap Rewards.
Older, inefficient commercial rooftop unit (RTU) air conditioning systems are common and can waste from $1,000 to $3,700 per unit annually, depending on the building size and type. By replacing or retrofitting them, you can save money, improve your energy efficiency, make your building more comfortable, and help the environment. The Advanced RTU Campaign (ARC) encourages commercial building owners and operators to replace their old RTUs with more efficient units or to retrofit their RTUs with advanced controls in order to take advantage of these benefits. Contact us if you are a member and would like to get involved.
Interior Lighting Campaign (ILC): Troffers (+ Controls for Optimal Savings)
The Interior Lighting Campaign (ILC) is a recognition and guidance program designed to help facility owners and managers take advantage of savings opportunities from high efficiency interior lighting solutions. The campaign focus is on troffer, high-bay, low-bay, and suspended linear lighting systems and lighting controls. As of June 2017, ILC Participants have exceeded the national goal to replace 1 million troffers and have already upgraded 1.2 million lighting and controls systems for a combined savings of $18.5 million. The Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA), Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and the U.S. Department of Energy serve on the ILC Organizing Committee.
- Advanced Power Strip Technical Specification
- Energy Management and Information Systems Specification and Procurement Support Materials
- Parking Lot Lighting Performance Specification
- Parking Structure Lighting Performance Specification
- Wall Pack Lighting Performance Specification
- Gas Heater Performance Specification
- Low Voltage Distribution Transformer Specification
- Ultra-low Temperature Freezer Specification
- Troffer Lighting Specification
- Commercial Heat Pump Water Heater
- Exterior Lighting Controls
- Plug and Process Loads Capacity and Power Requirements Analysis
- Energy Management Systems for Food Service Applications
- Refrigeration Commissioning Guide (ASHRAE)
- Guide for Retrofitting Open Display Cases with Doors
- Fume Hood Sash Management
- Getting Below Six Air Changes in Laboratories
- Operating an Ultra Low Temperature Freezer
- Minimizing Simultaneous Heating and Cooling in Laboratories with Reheat Systems
- Energy Management and Information Systems Terminology Framework
- Energy Management and Information Systems Resource Summary
- Solar Decision Guides for Healthcare, Hospitality and Leased Buildings
- Plug and Process Load Control Strategies