Are you a student interested in high-performance, zero energy, zero carbon, sustainable, equitable building design? Are you a professor looking to incorporate hands-on, practical experience into your design studio curriculum? Have you always watched the Solar Decathlon from afar and never knew quite how to get involved? Maybe you haven’t even heard of Solar Decathlon and are curious to hear more!
This session will introduce you to the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon. Discover what Solar Decathlon is all about and get all your questions answered through interactive sessions covering:
- Overview of competition structure and expectations
- Resources available to support participating teams, including Building Science Education, software licenses, and the Mentor Program
- Words of wisdom from Solar Decathlon Alumni
- Panel with experienced faculty sharing best practices.
- Design Challenge Division changes, including a new Retrofit Housing Division
- Build Challenge local-build format, with teams constructing, measuring, and showcasing homes in their local communities.
All students or faculty interested in participating or learning more are welcome to participate. No prior knowledge of Solar Decathlon is required.