Ready to start building our clean energy future with a new career in the Building Technologies Office (BTO)? Whether you’re looking for building energy-efficiency research or engineering jobs, or you’re interested in business support careers in the building energy-efficiency industry, BTO may have a position for you.
BTO is dedicated to improving the energy performance of America’s nearly 129 million buildings with an annual budget of $300 million and over $800 million in programs under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
BTO develops, demonstrates, and accelerates the adoption of cost-effective technologies, techniques, tools, and services that enable high-performing, energy-efficient and demand-flexible residential and commercial buildings in both the new and existing buildings markets, in support of an equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system by 2050, starting with a decarbonized power sector by 2035.
BTO provides the overall policy, management, and direction necessary for a balanced program of technology planning, research, development, deployment, test, analysis, evaluation, communication, and practices that will make both residential and commercial buildings more efficient, affordable and communities more livable. BTO represents and provides the national leadership in building technologies for the formulation and execution of national energy policies and programs and is responsible for the establishment of priorities and maintaining program balance among subprograms within the office.
BTO is dedicated to:
- The research and development of building technologies via its public-private partnerships with DOE’s national laboratories and building industry innovators
- The validation and national deployment of energy-saving measures in residential and commercial buildings
- The advancement of building energy codes
- The development of national minimum energy-efficiency standards for appliances and building equipment
- Deep local, state, national, and international engagement efforts to address building energy issues
If you are passionate about developing innovative solutions to address the most pressing challenges of the climate crisis, apply to join our team!