The Building Technologies Office (BTO) has announced the availability of up to $19.5 million for DE-FOA-0001825, “Buildings Energy Efficiency Frontiers & Innovation Technologies (BENEFIT) - 2018.” This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) focuses on early-stage R&D to enable the development of novel technologies that can improve efficiency and reduce the energy costs of the nation’s buildings and facilitate interaction with the electricity grid.
BTO will select projects in six topic areas:
- Topic 1 – Advanced Separation Technologies for Building Energy Efficiency
- Topic 2 – Advanced Building Materials
- Topic 3 – High-Performance Windows
- Topic 4 – Novel Approaches for Cyberphysical Systems in Buildings
- Topic 5 – Integration Research of Advanced Commercial Energy-Efficiency Packages
- Topic 6 – Advancements in Natural Gas and Other Fuel-Driven Equipment