EERE FY 2023 Budget Request
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) accelerates the research, development, demonstration, and deployment of technologies and solutions to equitably transition America to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions economy-wide by 2050, creating good paying jobs, and ensuring the clean energy economy benefits all Americans, especially workers and communities impacted by the energy transition and those historically underserved by the energy system and overburdened by pollution. EERE’s FY 2023 budget request is $4 billion. EERE’s FY 2023 investment strategy focuses on five programmatic priority areas:
- Decarbonizing the electricity sector.
- Decarbonizing transportation across all modes: air, sea, rail, and road.
- Decarbonizing the industrial sector.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of buildings.
- Decarbonizing the agriculture sector, specifically focused on the nexus between energy and water.