EERE FY 2022 Budget Request
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) accelerates the research, development, demonstration, and deployment of technologies and solutions to equitably transition America to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions economywide by no later than 2050, creating good paying jobs, and ensuring the clean energy economy benefits all Americans, especially workers and communities impacted by the energy transition and those historically underserved by the energy system and overburdened by pollution. EERE invests in clean energy technologies that are ready to be demonstrated and deployed, as well as R&D activities that advance early-stage technologies with a clear path to deployment. EERE’s FY 2022 investment strategy focuses on making investments in five programmatic priority areas:
- Decarbonizing the electricity sector.
- Decarbonizing transportation across all modes: air, sea, rail, and road.
- Decarbonizing energy-intensive industries.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of buildings.
- Decarbonizing the agriculture sector, specifically focused on the nexus between energy and water.