Interested in joining an incredible team that shapes our nation’s bioeconomy? Do you want to work with industry, academia, and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory researchers to develop and scale up sustainable bioenergy technologies capable of producing bioproducts and drop-in biofuels from domestic biomass and waste? Then consider joining the Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO).
We’re looking for the best and brightest! Please share the following announcements with anyone who may be interested.
BETO is hiring for the following positions:
1) GS-12 Physical Scientist/General Engineer for the Data, Modeling, and Analysis Team
The DOE BETO Data, Modeling, and Analysis Team is looking for a motivated individual to help shape the Office’s analysis and sustainability portfolios. This individual should have an interest in the decarbonization of the U.S. economy to fight climate change through research, development, and deployment of new bioenergy technologies. This position can be located in either Washington D.C. or Golden, Colorado. This individual will:
- Manage a portfolio of projects at the DOE National Laboratories as well as in academia and industry focused on bioenergy sustainability and strategic analysis. Work closely with teams on the Argonne National Laboratory Greenhouse gases, Regulated Emissions, and Energy use in Technologies (GREET) model, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Biomass Scenario Model, and the NREL bio-based circular carbon economy Environmentally-extended Input-Output Model (BEIOM) model, and others to advance bioenergy goals.
- Develop new areas for BETO research through design and implementation of Funding Opportunity Announcements and National Laboratory calls for proposals.
- Become a technical expert in BETO’s analysis and sustainability portfolios and represent BETO in inter- and intra-agency coordination with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Transportation and others, as well as external stakeholders.
- Support the program manager in the development of new strategic initiatives for BETO in the area of bioenergy data, modeling, and analysis. Develop slides, white papers, and other materials highlighting key bioenergy analysis and sustainability issues for BETO and DOE leadership including development of recommendations for new strategic directions.
Familiarity with techno-economic analysis and life cycle assessment methodologies, and other technical modeling capabilities is highly encouraged. Knowledge of the bioenergy sector is encouraged. Skill in oral and written communication to communicate with a variety of departmental organizations, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders is encouraged.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please email your password protected CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BETO GS-12 Data, Modeling and Analysis position.” Follow the directions on the EERE Job Vacancies page listed under step #2 on what to include in your email. Please email the password separately to the emails above with the same subject line. Applications are due by January 17, 2022.
2) GS-12 Physical Scientist/General Engineer for the Conversion Technologies Team
The DOE BETO Conversion Technology team is looking for a GS-12 physical scientist/general engineer to join their team. The Conversion Technology team conducts applied research and development on technology to convert biomass of all types to useful end products including fuels, such as sustainable aviation and marine fuels, products, and chemical intermediates. This position can be located in either Washington D.C. or Golden, Colorado.
Eligible candidates should have an interest in decarbonizing the U.S. economy to fight climate change through research, development, and demonstration of new bioenergy technologies.
Current and recent Conversion Technology team members have training and/or background in:
- Chemical engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Mechanical engineering.
Given our recent efforts in plastics upcycling, we are particularly interested in augmenting our polymer expertise.
If you are interested in interviewing for the position, please follow the instructions on the EERE Job Vacancies page listed under step #2 to email your password protected CV/resume to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. Include the subject line “BETO GS-12 Conversion position” in the email. Please email the password separately to the emails above with the same subject line. Applications are due by January 17, 2022.
How to Encrypt/Password Protect Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) Documents
For those that would like to learn how to encrypt or password protect their Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat documents please review these instructions from the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.