- Case Studies & Demonstration Cities
- Cities-LEAP Infographics
- Other EERE Resources for City Energy Planning
The Cities Leading through Energy Analysis and Planning (Cities-LEAP) project delivers standardized, localized energy data and analysis that enables cities to lead clean energy innovation and integrate strategic energy analysis into decision making.
Cities-LEAP supports the widespread implementation of city-sponsored data-driven energy policies, programs, and projects that have the potential to drive a sea change in the national energy landscape. Through the Cities-LEAP resources below, cities can
- Set climate or energy goals
- Prioritize and implement energy strategies
- See the impacts of potential climate or energy action plans
- Learn from peers about city energy planning best practices
- Get access to credible data and transparent, usable analytic methodologies
- Make data-driven energy decisions.
Cities-LEAP Resources for City Energy Planning
Map of Local Partners
Cities-LEAP is focused on the following activities:
- Demonstration Cities: Develop and pilot data-driven decision frameworks by local or tribal governments to support their energy and climate goals.
- Actions, Goals, and Metrics Mapping: Improve city energy decision making by mapping specific city energy or climate policies and actions to measurable impacts and results.
- City Energy Profile Tool: Develop data resources that provide comprehensive, standardized, and usable estimates of local energy use for every city in the United States.
- Identify Possible Futures: Outline a vision for what cities could collectively realize by achieving aggressive energy and climate targets.