DOE is looking to fill a technology manager position to support the materials for harsh service conditions portfolio. DOE has direct hire authority to fill the Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technology Office's energy scientific, technical, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) positions at the GS-11 through GS-15 grade levels. General engineers and physical scientists are the two positions at these grade levels most available within EERE.
Direct hire authority allows DOE to hire faster than the traditional government hiring process does. In using this authority, DOE still abides by the Merit System Principles and all federal and DOE regulations for hiring.
About the Position
- Position / Grade: GS-13 General Engineer or Physical Scientist
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Position type: Permanent
- Open Period: Open until filled. For best consideration, please apply ASAP.
- Number of openings: 1
- Telework Available: Yes
- Serves as a technology manager for the Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technologies Office team and has the primary responsibility for implementing all assigned activities consistent with the office’s objectives.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in materials for harsh service conditions for the development and implementation of activities to improve the research, development, commercialization, and adoption of these technologies in the United States.
- Has a strong understanding of and serves as a subject matter expert on the current technical and market barriers to technology development, commercialization and utilization related to materials for harsh service conditions, including the development and manufacturing of novel materials that enable extended use in high temperatures, highly oxidizing or reducing, and/or abrasive environments. This requires the analysis and understanding of barriers to materials development and manufacturing technologies reaching the market and the development of program measures to diminish these barriers.
- Supports the coordination and interaction with other EERE and DOE offices, other Federal agencies and public and private interest groups in spurring US technology development and commercialization and developing the future industrial sector workforce.
- Works with supervisor to develop appropriate metrics, goals, and objectives for the Next Generation Materials and Processes team based on a thorough and deep technical understanding of manufacturing technologies, and related industry, community, and market needs.
- Provides input in the formulation of out-year budgets, program priorities and budget allocations regarding potential Industrial Decarbonization activities.
- Makes presentations on objectives, content, and progress to a variety of audiences; prepares a variety of issue or briefing papers and reports for senior EERE program staff; and prepares responses to Congressional and other executive correspondence and responds to requests for information about the Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Technologies Office program.
How to Apply
Please include the following information in the email:
- Phone number
- Vacancy for which you applied
DO NOT include the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your address
- Photos of yourself
- Personal information, such as age, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Classified or government-sensitive information
- Any encryption or digital signatures
Applicants must be U.S. citizens.