The U.S. Department of Energy Southeast Combined Heat and Power Technical Assistance Partnership, in partnership with the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact, is hosting an Implementation Workshop on Resilient Energy System from September 27-28 in Miami, Florida. The workshop is designed to address the need for Southeast Florida to develop resilient energy systems for critical infrastructure facilities using locally sited distributed energy resources, including combined heat and power (CHP), microgrids, solar PV, and energy storage.
Topics to be Discussed:
- Knowledge of the capabilities and application of different distributed energy resources including combined heat and power systems, solar PV, biogas generation, microgrids, and energy storage
- Tools for developing and evaluating plans for resilient facility energy systems
- Understanding of the key metrics for balancing energy resilience, energy cost, and clean energy goals
- Insight into business models for public/private sector/utility partnerships on resilient energy systems
- Best practices and lessons learned from the implementation of state and local government programs to support resilient energy systems
What to Expect:
This workshop will offer both presentations and panel discussions by experts from the public and private sector on strategies for using CHP and microgrids at critical infrastructure facilities. Speakers with experience in operating CHP with microgrids and programs that support critical infrastructure energy resilience will share lessons learned and best practices.
Tarla Toomer, AMO technology manager, will present the CHP Deployment Program and the new Distributed Generation for Resilience Planning Guide. Click here for a draft agenda.
Who should attend?
Individuals responsible for continuity of operations in the face of hurricanes and other emergencies at local government emergency operations centers, healthcare facilities (including hospitals and nursing homes), colleges and universities, water/wastewater utilities, limited-income public housing, and military installations will benefit from attending this event.
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rcap-implementation-workshop-resilient-energy-systems-registration-4821385594