AMO’s Rapid Advancement in Process Intensification Deployment (RAPID) Manufacturing Institute is hosting a 10-part, webinar series to explore one of the most important progress areas for modern chemical engineering–Process Intensification (PI).
Part one will kick off on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 11:00am-12:00pm EST. This 60-minute webinar will sketch the background of Process Intensification. You’ll briefly review the history of PI and discuss its position in a broader context of chemical engineering science. Finally, you’ll focus on the fundamental approach to PI, which will be the guiding line of the entire series. That fundamental approach is based on four generic principles of Process Intensification and comprises four elementary domains: spatial, thermodynamic, functional and temporal. Each of those domains will be discussed in more detail in further parts of the series.
2018 RAPID Webinar Series List
See titles of all webinars in the series below. As webinars go "live," links will be added providing more information.
- February 28: Introduction to Process Intensification Principles and Approaches: Structure, Energy, Synergy and Time
- March 21: Process Intensification Principles: Structure – PI in the Spatial Domain
- April 4: Process Intensification Principles: Structure – Focus on Micro- and Millireactors
- May 30: Process Intensification Principles: Energy – PI in the Thermodynamic Domain
- June 13: Process Intensification Principles: Energy – Focus on High Gravity/High Shear Processing
- July 11: Process Intensification Principles: Synergy – PI in the Functional Domain
- August 1: Process Intensification Principles: Synergy – Focus on Reactive Distillation
- August 22: Process Intensification Principles: Time – PI in the Temporal Domain
- September 12: Process Intensification Principles: Time – Focus on Oscillatory Flow Reactors
- October 10: How to Do Process Intensification: Methodology for PI Equipment Selection
This 10-part webinar series is sponsored by AMO’s RAPID Manufacturing Institute. Webinars are free to RAPID Members. Click here for more information about the PI Webinar series and to register for additional webinars in this series.