On Wednesday, September 7, U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm and White House National Climate Advisor Gina McCarthy will host a roundtable of diverse industry leaders along with stakeholders from government and academia to discuss opportunities to collectively build a decarbonized industrial sector that benefits workers, communities, and all Americans.
During the event, Secretary Granholm will announce the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) “Industrial Decarbonization Roadmap” — a new report identifying pathways to reduce emissions across our nation’s most energy-intensive sectors and position America as a global leader in manufacturing innovation and decarbonization technologies.
In addition to Secretary Granholm and Gina McCarthy, the roundtable will include:
- Trisha Miller, Senior Director for Industrial Emissions, White House Climate Policy Office
- Philip K. Bell, President, Steel Manufacturers Association
- Rebecca Dell, Senior Director, ClimateWorks Foundation
- Kevin Dempsey, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Iron and Steel Institute
- Anna Fendley, Director of Regulatory and State Policy, United Steelworkers
- Sean O’Neill, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, Portland Cement Association
- Robbie Orvis, Senior Director, Modeling and Analysis, Energy Innovation
- Abigail Regitsky, Manager of U.S. Policy and Advocacy, Breakthrough Energy
- Darlene S. Schuster, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Jason Walsh, Executive Director, BlueGreen Alliance
- Beverly L. Wright, Executive Director, Deep South Center for Environmental Justice
To register for the event, visit: U.S. Department of Energy Industrial Decarbonization Roundtable Tickets, Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 11:00 AM | Eventbrite