You are here
The Office of Strategic Programs increases the impact of the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)'s clean energy mission through strategic engagement, innovative and integrative programs and a unique, portfolio-wide perspective. Strategic Programs staff guide and support cross-cutting activities in legislative affairs, communications, international partnerships, policy analysis, stakeholder engagement, and technology-to-market activities.
Why it Matters
Our activities facilitate EERE program and office successes and support strategic development and implementation through six cross-cutting areas, as well as key initiatives, which accelerate the understanding and adoption of clean energy technologies:
- Strategic Priorities and Impact Analysis Team – Provides consistent, objective, and credible analyses for EERE's activities—from market to impacts analyses—as well as an understanding of the effect of various policies on EERE's core mission.
- Technology-to-Market Team – Bolsters American innovation and competitiveness by eliminating the common barriers that prevent market exploration of transformative EERE technologies. The team is re-imagining the pathway to market by focusing on two interrelated areas: market readiness and resource access.
- International Team – Advances the progress of EERE's domestic programs and accelerates global deployment of U.S. clean energy products and services through international collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement Team – Promotes coordination and interaction between EERE and key external stakeholders through direct dialogue to create and coordinate opportunities to advance EERE's core mission.
- Communications Team – Leads strategic communications and outreach activities for EERE through a robust online presence and traditional and social media. The team also provides informational materials to raise consumer awareness about energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and shares resources that help consumers reduce energy use, demand, and costs.
- Legislative Affairs Team – Works in close coordination with the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Congressional Affairs, Chief Financial Officer, and EERE's Financial Management Office to serve as the primary liaison between EERE's technology offices and congressional authorizing entities. The staff also provide corporate guidance on congressional interactions.
- Partnership Testimonials – EERE partners with industry and community leaders to bring clean energy technologies into the marketplace.