EERE International Team Merges with DOE's International Affairs Office
The EERE International Team staff and projects have moved to the DOE Office of International Affairs. Current information about the Department's international engagements is available on the DOE International Affairs site.
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE's) International Team accelerates the speed and scale of clean energy deployment through international collaboration with strategic partners. We support U.S. experts in providing technical and policy assistance that can expand and open markets for clean energy technologies and services. The Team’s work is coordinated closely with partner governments, other Federal agencies, and the U.S. private sector.
Why it Matters
Our projects help to:
- Accelerate achievement of EERE’s technology development goals
- We leverage U.S. funds 3:1 with cost sharing from the Israeli government and the private sector to support collaborative R&D on clean energy technologies through the United States – Israel BIRD Foundation.
- We facilitate information exchange and expert-to-expert interactions between American scientists and their counterparts around the world.
- Improve energy security and reduce emissions
- We enhance the readiness of major economies such as Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, and South Africa to absorb energy efficiency and/or renewable energy.
- Topics include fostering adoption and enforcement of building codes, introducing policy and regulatory frameworks to promote energy savings performance contracting (ESPCs), modeling the integration of renewable energy into the grid, and more.
- Prime markets for U.S. exports
- We foster adoption of U.S. test procedures and labeling schemes for energy efficiency and renewable energy products.
Our technical collaborations are wide ranging, but all are focused on mutually beneficial outcomes that contribute to the Department’s mission.
Read Our Recent Blog Posts and Fact Sheets Below
- Department of Energy Announces Five New Projects Through BIRD Energy Partnership with Israel (November 1, 2017)
- Energy Department Announces New Projects Between U.S. and China Businesses to Reduce Energy Consumption (October 13, 2017)
- Accelerating the Market for Renewable Energy in Indonesia (February 2, 2017)
- EERE International: 2016 Year in Review (January 19, 2017)
- U.S.-Brazil Collaboration Leads to Innovative Device That Reduces Energy Use in Buildings (December 2, 2016)
- Fact Sheet: Sustainable Energy for Remote Indonesian Grids (SERIG) (December 2016)
- Energy Department Announces Five Clean Energy Projects through BIRD Energy Partnership with Israel (November 10, 2016)
- Working with China to Advance Energy Efficiency Around the Globe (November 8, 2016)
- Energy Department Announces New Projects between U.S. and China to Cut Emissions (October 13, 2016)
- Advancing Energy Efficiency and Business Opportunities in South Africa (September 21, 2016)
- U.S. Government Agencies Enhancing their Services for Clean Energy Exporters (July 5, 2016)