There are plenty of opportunities for students, recent graduates, and others looking for internships, fellowships, and similar programs with the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- EERE's Student Volunteer Internship Program
- EERE offers exciting student volunteer internships throughout the year in its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Program
- The AEF Program provides opportunities for accomplished K-12 STEM teachers to spend 11 months working in a federal agency or U.S. Congressional office.
- Science Graduate Fellowship Program
- DOE's Office of Science (SC) has established the DOE Office of Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE SCGF) program to support outstanding students to pursue graduate training in basic research in areas of physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, computational sciences, and environmental sciences relevant to the Office of Science and to encourage the development of the next generation scientific and technical talent in the U.S.
- USAJobs student job postings
- EERE's job vacancies are listed with USAJobs.
- Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program
- Bearing the Presidential moniker, the PMF Program is a flagship leadership development program at the entry level for advanced degree candidates.
- Scholarship for Service
- SFS is a unique program designed to increase and strengthen the cadre of federal information assurance professionals that protect the government's critical information infrastructure.
- EERE's Student Volunteer Internship Program: Applications accepted all year long.
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program: November.
- Office of Science Graduate Student Research Program: Varies; see the Key Dates page.
- Presidential Management Fellows Program: The PMF Program accepts applications annually. When the application window opens, you will find an announcement on USAJOBS (search for "Presidential Management Fellows" at www.USAJOBS.gov).
- Scholarship for Service: Varies