You are here
There are plenty of opportunities for students, recent graduates, and others looking for internships, fellowships, and similar programs with the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- EERE's Student Volunteer Internship Program
EERE offers exciting student volunteer internships throughout the year in its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Program
The AEF Program provides opportunities for accomplished K-12 STEM teachers to spend 11 months working in a federal agency or U.S. Congressional office.
- Science Graduate Fellowship Program
DOE's Office of Science (SC) has established the DOE Office of Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE SCGF) program to support outstanding students to pursue graduate training in basic research in areas of physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, computational sciences, and environmental sciences relevant to the Office of Science and to encourage the development of the next generation scientific and technical talent in the U.S.
- USAJobs student job postings
EERE's job vacancies are listed with USAJobs.
- Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program
Bearing the Presidential moniker, the PMF Program is a flagship leadership development program at the entry level for advanced degree candidates.
- Scholarship for Service
SFS is a unique program designed to increase and strengthen the cadre of federal information assurance professionals that protect the government's critical information infrastructure.
- EERE's Student Volunteer Internship Program: Applications accepted all year long.
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program: November.
- Office of Science Graduate Student Research Program: Varies; see the Key Dates page.
- Presidential Management Fellows Program: The PMF Program accepts applications annually. When the application window opens, you will find an announcement on USAJOBS (search for "Presidential Management Fellows" at www.USAJOBS.gov).
- Scholarship for Service: Varies
Other Energy Opportunities
Visit EERE's Education site for links to many other energy-related training and other career-planning opportunities, including fellowships, scholarships, and other career-oriented resources for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students.