If you are considering employment with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE), and even if you already are an EERE employee, you may find the following links helpful:
- Veterans' Employment Resources: The American's Veteran site includes information to help you understand veterans' preference, how federal jobs are filled, and unique veteran appointing authorities designed to help you find a job.
- Persons with Disabilities: The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) explains how federal agencies such as DOE fill jobs in relation to those with disabilities.
- Federal Executive Institute: The Federal Executive Institute (FEI) helps senior government leaders improve the performance of their organizations. FEI offers the Leadership for a Democratic Society program, custom programs designed specifically for individual agencies, and interagency courses.
- Intergovernmental Personnel Act Mobility Program: The Intergovernmental Personnel Act Mobility Program provides for the temporary assignment of personnel between the federal government and state and local governments, colleges and universities, Indian tribal governments, federally funded research and development centers, and other eligible organizations.
- Detail and Transfer to International Organizations: An agency such as DOE may detail or transfer an employee to any organization that the Department of State has designated as an international organization. This OPM page answers questions about the process.
- DOE Jobs Site: If you're interested in employment with another office of DOE, check out DOE's jobs portal, where you'll learn more about benefits, see employee profile videos, see a list of the types of positions available in DOE, and more.
If you're interested in employment with another office of DOE, check out DOE's jobs portal, where you'll learn more about benefits, see employee profile videos, see a list of the types of positions available in DOE, and more.