Moscone Center, San Franciso, CA and Virtual
Wide. Open. Science.
For more than 100 years AGU has been opening science—opening pathways to discovery, opening greater awareness to address climate change, opening greater collaborations to lead to solutions and opening the fields and professions of science to a whole new age of justice equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
This year, as we convene >25,000 attendees from 100+ countries in San Francisco for AGU23, our theme is: Wide. Open. Science. 2023 might be the official year of Open Science but we also see it as an opportunity to affirm AGU’s overarching values and beliefs. It is a message for all of us to carry as we come together to share, inspire, collaborate, engage and most of all rededicate ourselves as a united community grounded in wide open science.
Join DOE at the meeting!
December 14, 2023
- 2:15PM PT - Featured Plenary with Dr. Geraldine Richmond, DOE Undersecretary for Science and Innovation
Sessions and Townhalls
December 11, 2023
- 6:30-7:30PM PT - TH15D The Rapidly Changing Landscape of Energy-Water Connections: Opportunities Spanning Science to Applications at the US Department of Energy
December 12, 2023
- 1:00-2:00PM PT - TH23C DOE's Strategic Development in Coastal Research: Advancing a Coupled Model-Experiment Research Approach in U.S. Coastal Zone
- 1:00-2:00PM PT - TH23L Accelerate Your Research by Leveraging the Power of Multiple Scientific User Facilities Through One Competitive Proposal: Learn About the Facilities Integrating Collaborations for User Science (FICUS) Program
- 6:30-7:30PM PT - E3SM A Decade of Earth System Modeling Effort at the Department of Energy
- 6:30-7:30PM PT - TH25J Translating Climate Science into National Security Missions: Opportunities, Progress, and Research Challenges in Enhancing Climate Security (multi-agency panel)
December 14, 2023
- 1:00-2:00PM PT - TH43O Building a More Diverse Scientific Community: Emerging Opportunities in DOE's Biological and Environmental Research Program
- 6:30-7:30PM PT - TH45E Opportunities for Engagement in Extreme Events Research: Promoting Open Science Awareness from DOE's Earth and Environmental System Modeling Program
- #414 - DOE Biological and Environmental Research Program
- #503 - Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- #514 - Los Alamos National Laboratory
- #515 - Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL)
- #614 - Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) User Facility
- #1242 - Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- #1246 - Sandia National Laboratories
- #1248 - Oak Ridge National Laboratory